Thursday, January 26, 2012

'The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That'

So no, this title is not in reference to any kind of new Real Estate seminar or motivational adult anecdote...this is how I spend most early mornings before heading out to start the very exciting career of being a Realtor.  (sarcasm?  maybe a little :)).  My almost 2 yr old Owen and I pretty much always get to eat breakfast together...before my phone starts ringing or my inbox is even considered, we get to hang with some eggs, bacon, oatmeal, or whatever else Owen decides he's in the mood for on that given morning!  These are my favorite times :) 

As this is my first post, I will share a little more about me and my 'assistant'.  I have pretty much always known I was going to work in Real Estate...at least since my teens.  I truly love what I do.  Helping people in such a way has a real impact on your own personal goals, emotions, and general sense of what is really important in life.  It can also totally and completely take OVER your life (meaning you spend all your time helping others and not concentrating at all on yourself and more importantly your loved ones!).  I have been in Finance, Property Management/leasing, and New Home Sales over the past 10 years.  Most recently I was a New Home Consultant for a large local builder and had a pretty great job as far as income and success...sold homes to over 120 buyers...problem was I was seeing less and less of my husband and son.  It was just simply not worth it anymore.  Since I have kept my Real Estate license since 2003, it made sense to go ahead and begin the next leg of my Real Estate journey and become an independent Realtor.  I knew it would require just as many if not more hours of work but the best thing about it is that I get to control my schedule and on many many occasions Owen joins me in whatever adventures we have planned for that day!  My goal of this blog is not to generate business or brag about achievements or advertise listings, etc.  My goal is to release some stress at the end of the day and share some of the memories of my time with Owen, my little assistant :)
Here is a great picture of my little assistant.  You'll get to hear alot more about him if you subscribe!  I love you Owen and these stories are what we did so that we could spend more time together with you! 

Here's a quick story from today.  I've been meaning to change my voicemail but just keep forgetting.  Managed to remember today and Owen kept following me around the house yelling "mama, mama, peeeeess" (or please) everytime I would start recording because he wants to talk with me!  I tried 3 times and each one managed to have the slurred words of a little toddler in the background.  So, if you call me today and that is the message you get, just imagine me being chased while trying to record the message with a stern "no" look on my face and kindly leave me a message!  My life might be crazy, but I will get right back to you :) 

1 comment:

  1. I once locked Rhys -- about 18 months old at the time -- out of our bedroom so I could do an interview with one of our state legislators. The last 15 minutes of the interview, I was completely distracted by the plaintive cries of MOMMA! and pounding of little fists on my door. Definitely a less-than-stellar mom moment -- but I have to get paid, too.

    ReplyDelete